Wednesday, June 13, 2012

SMI Centennial Campfire 2012

I'm back with some "late updated" issue, SMI Centennial Campfire. It happened on 9th of June which is a Saturday from 7am until 12am :) Just a short report on this event because I'm lazy to write more.. So, my school troops reached there around 7am and we brought to our classroom after registered. Marching competition begin at 8am and my friends and I went to watch. I remembered back last year how experiencing we were when we joined the marching and I missed that moment ; body pain, muscles pain, bones swollen... Ah, and this year our junior's turn to experience it. Then after marching competition ended, we went over to watch modern cooking, iron guides and also the exhibition that done by SMI scouts. 
badges of scouting & guiding
"music" badge
stuffs of backwoodsman

collection of SMI scout's trophies which have won last time
Tan Kar Wai, Seow Ying and me :)
Around 1pm, my drama gang and I went back to classroom, change our clothes and practice our drama for audition at 1.30pm!! And we passed the audition!! Thank God, he made us to perform on stage at night :) It was the most boring time in the evening. We had nothing to do at all. Some were sitting in a group, chi-chatting, playing phones, preparing for their night highlights but what Seow Ying and I did was sitting outside our classroom , SLEEPING !! I know people passed by and they saw us but what to do? The classroom was too hot. Oh, and Kylie slept too. Then, after slept, I wandering around like a beggar and it was already 5pm. All of us went back to class to change full-u and at that moment, campfire event going to start. So, at 6pm, all schools were sit at their own place at the campfire site. The campfire event started by the speech of SMI's principal and also SMI scout's teacher, Master Christopher. Then performances began to start and I took some photos on SMI building.



 

At 7.00pm, we stopped for dinner and dinner time ended at 8pm. It's the time for my drama gang to changed to our costumes. At 8pm, my school's dancing team performed then singing team. So after that, we went down, queued up behind the stage to wait after the singing team and also AMC's dancing team to end their performances. Oh yeah, AMC's dancing team danced MAMA, SHERLOCK and FACE!! Haha, I was very excited at that time!! Anyway, right after they done their performance, we start our drama performance. Our drama entitled "A groom for Letchumi", It's an Indian story.

Li Xin as Muthusamy and I as Siva
I can't recognize myself...
My school drama video which recorded by Kylie, thanks to her a lot.. Here's the link : http://youtu.be/vQhP5uze25Q
So after we've done our performance, it's already 9.30pm and all of us need to go home except the committees :( So at the end, from my president, she told that our school won champion for banner, knots, dancing and most supportive. These are photo that my camera had captured for the whole day :)

Kylie and I, took it when it's time to go back
Kylie took it when she was at a tall building
waiting for the campfire to start
waiting for the campfire to start
at the campfire site
"piang piang", I'm shooting YOU! :)
watching Iron guides
rest time
rest time
flower made by Seow Ying to Pui Kei for her b'day
watching Iron guides
waiting for the campfire to start
waiting for the campfire to start
part of the drama team; Me, Angel, Li Xin and Joyce
Me and my sister!! :)
My "apu-neh-neh" style :)
campfire starts
I think that's all for this event. Oh yeah, this year's gathering's theme is "Cherishing the past, embracing the future". I got a scout scarf and a badge from this event :) That's all, Bye :)

No comments: